Innovative solutions to easily monitor and track substance abuse.
Continuous Alcohol Monitoring
Manufactured by SCRAM Systems, SCRAM House Arrest is a standalone house arrest monitoring bracelet built to work with today’s home communications systems. While only a little more than half of U.S. households have a landline telephone, over 75% have Internet service. That’s why SCRAM’s House Arrest technology is optimized to work with multiple connectivity options:
Manufactured by SCRAM Systems, SCRAM CAM® (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor) is the industry’s cutting-edge and only court-validated continuous alcohol monitoring (CAM) system that also incorporates house arrest technology in one device. Recovery Monitoring Solutions has been servicing courts with SCRAM CAM since 2003.
SCRAM CAM combines the only proven CAM device on the market with house arrest to helps courts and agencies monitor offenders 24/7 for drinking, while simultaneously being able to ensure they are confined to their homes during mandated hours of the day. Designed specifically for application in long-term monitoring programs where abstinence is required and home confinement monitoring may also be needed, SCRAM CAM delivers a fact-based, comprehensive profile of an offender’s alcohol consumption patterns and curfew whereabouts to the supervising authorities.
SCRAM CAM tests for alcohol every half hour around the clock and monitors continuously for presence in the home during court-specified hours. With SCRAM CAM, CAM can be used by itself or combined with house arrest as needed–depending on the offense, situation, or behavior while on the program. This gives courts and agencies tremendous flexibility in how they can manage offenders.
• SCRAM CAM Provides Accountability and Encourages Compliance
- Flexible monitoring level for multiple needs
- Eliminates testing gaps—no ability to miss a test or drink around testing schedules
- Goes where the client goes—no transportation to a testing center
- Studies show CAM is most effective for offenders assessed with alcohol dependence or addiction
- Works well in conjunction with treatment to enforce compliance and better identify when intervention may be needed
• A Complete Transdermal Alcohol Testing System
- Tests for alcohol every 30 minutes, 24/7
- Optional House Arrest/RF Monitoring in one device
- Auto data uploads via a variety of options (conventional base station, wireless base station, DirectConnect™)
- Multiple sensors to detect tampers, obstructions, removals
- Testing is automated, no participation required
- Daily Action Plans (DAPs) help agents determine where they need to spend their time—and where they don’t
- Elevates accountability and enhances public safety
- Expands the scope of offender management
- Provides additional supervision for higher-risk offenders
- Offers a low cost per test ($0.25/test based on 48 tests/day)
- Is court validated through AMS’ industry-leading Judicial Support Program and Frye/Daubert rulings
- Provides a cost-effective alternative to jail overcrowding
- Lets courts flexibly adjust the CAM and house arrest components based on behavior using the SCRAM CAM Adjustable Contingency Model™
- Provides single source-admissibility, with no need for back-up tests
Want to learn more?
Find additional information about our services, or a location near you.